Saturday 9 June 2012

Stitching

Hello everyone.
Hope you enjoy your visit with me and feel encouraged to do some of your own stitching. I know I`m encouraged and sometimes tempted to go shopping when visiting other blogs. If I already have a pattern I may start this if not a WIP. Then it comes out to be worked on,maybe even completed.

Thought I would show my `Fernhill`.
 A  Lynette Anderson button club that I am getting through `The Country Yard` 
Another lovely bag to put everything in. This one doesn`t have a handle. When Fiona sent my birthday gift she tied a ribbon round the wrapping with tapemeasure look to it. I thought that I would use that for handles and at the same time as attaching them I would line the bag. Also add a pocket or two inside as I can see me using this again. The roses on the fabric bag are beautiful.


The first two patterns,my fabric and a mixture of  DMC,Weeks Dye Works,Crescent Colours and Sampler threads that I`m using in this project.

`The Dell`
A few leaves to finish,sorting colours for them. A cute little bluebird button. 

`Forest Floor`
A playful squirrel button with stitched hedgehog (we have the hedgehogs here they love wet cat food) and a buzzy bee. I find satin stitch a challenge so still working on my flowers because of that.
Block 3 came yesterday `Spindle Tree` with layout sheet.
I will finish my stitching of the first two this weekend then out will come the light box for tracing `Spindle Tree`
Thakyou for visiting and hope you leave a comment as I enjoy keeping in touch with you.
Happy Stitching,
Clare.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clare - Your Fernhill blocks are lovely, I too am receiving this BOM, but haven't started mine yet. You are right though, seeing others stitching is always inspiring, perhaps I shall have to get going on my Fernhill now too!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are lovely, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Fern Hill blocks are lovely Clare, I would love to make that one but I still have not sewn up the blocks from the Garden Wall Hanging and I also have the Christmas ones still tucked away to start. Well Done xo

    ReplyDelete